Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Tue Jun 25, 2024 4:39 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 I think hatch is a loony liberal 
 Post subject: I think hatch is a loony liberal
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:15 am 
1911 tainted

What kind of BS is this?

Can someone explain the logic of this to me?

http://wcco.com/business/local_story_048144534.html

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:31 am 
Longtime Regular

It's all a money grab thing.

Quote:
The bill would be modeled on a 1994 landfill cleanup law that allowed the state to sue polluters' insurance companies to recover its costs.

IMHO, meth will continue to be a problem for this country until a viable enforcement program is placed. The one thing that the state didn't address , which I complained to Mark Olson about, is the fact that psuedoephedrine is readily available via the internet. It may have slowed down some of the dope makers because they can't get vast quantities at Sam's Club or Costco anymore, but it is definitely not a good fix. I look at this in a similar vein as gun control. Sometimes I wonder if legalization of all illegal drugs isn't the answer. Sure, there would be a spike for a year or two, but look at all the tax revenues that could be collected were drugs treated as alcohol.

"...quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." [...a sword never kills anybody; it's a tool in the killer's hand.] -- (Lucius Annaeus) Seneca "the Younger" (ca. 4 BC-65 AD),

The Nanny State MUST DIE!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:47 am 
1911 tainted

Lets sue the manufactures of an inanimate object that is misused by others.

Yep, the same as suing the gun manufactures.

So what will the drug manufactures do, pass the savings onto you the consumer. :evil:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 12:48 pm 
Longtime Regular

hatch is already screwing up, he is using his sate employees to do campaign work, oh wait he's a DFL'r election fraud is standard SOP.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." - Sigmund Freud

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 2:31 pm 

Even my wife [who tends to be on the liberal side] said she may have to send a letter saying what an idiot this guy is!

As long as these things don't pass,I think they actually help our side.
The more times these knuckleheads trot out these ridiculous proposals,the more people see the folly of it.If you can just get someone to come to the realization that a manufacturer of a legal product is not to blame for the criminal misuse of that product,well you see where this is going.

These guys[well,Hatch anyway] are going to self destruct. We just have to outlast him without doing the same and we will prevail.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 3:23 pm 
Longtime Regular

Personally, I'm getting pretty tired of the GOP and other parties waiting for the Leftist loonies to "self-destruct". They need to take them to task and hold them accountable, as the leftist loonies do to the other parties. There's ALWAYS a "chance" that some of these things slide by. Look at Pawlenty's "Health Impact Fee" that was illegally placed on cigarettes. If you think for one second that the state will give up approximately $17 Million in revenue every month, you're sadly mistaken. It will take the State supreme court to make them cease and desit. Even then, they'll probably change it to a "tax", which would be legal, if not discriminatory.

"...quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." [...a sword never kills anybody; it's a tool in the killer's hand.] -- (Lucius Annaeus) Seneca "the Younger" (ca. 4 BC-65 AD),

The Nanny State MUST DIE!!!

Post subject: Re: I think hatch is a loony liberal
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 4:49 pm 

cobb wrote:
What kind of BS is this?

Can someone explain the logic of this to me?

http://wcco.com/business/local_story_048144534.html

Simple, Hatch is doing the same thing our former AG did in an attempt to valt himself into the Governor's office. Skippy sued the "big bad" tobacco companies, Hatch is going after the "greedy" pharmaceutical companys.

http://mrra.org
6 down, 24 to go.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 6:10 pm 
on probation

The War on RX. will never be won because there is to much MONEY for both sides to give up.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 7:33 pm 
Delicate Flower

lastgunshop wrote:
The War on RX. will never be won because there is to much MONEY for both sides to give up.

How true.............yet they continue. :?

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.