Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sun Jun 23, 2024 12:56 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 I wonder who these scumbags are..... 
 Post subject: I wonder who these scumbags are.....
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 7:16 am 

Put them up in front of a firing squad I say.

Sources: 6 charged with plot to kill Fort Dix soldiers

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Six men were arrested overnight after being accused of plotting an attack against Fort Dix in New Jersey, and federal charges were to be filed Tuesday, sources told CNN.

The six men were planning to use automatic weapons to shoot soldiers at the Army post, according to a federal law enforcement source and a senior government source.

The men, some of whom were related to each other, had been doing surveillance and planning "for a while," and they trained in the Poconos, according to the federal law enforcement source.

New Jersey state troopers and the FBI were involved in investigating and arresting the suspects. An informant played a key role in the investigation, the sources said.

One of the sources said there is a video and an audiotape of the planning.

A spokesman for the U.S. Attorney's office in New Jersey told The Associated Press that all six of the men were from the former Yugoslavia, and that five of them lived in Cherry Hill, New Jersey.

Federal authorities said the men's goal was to "kill as many soldiers as possible," according to the AP.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/05/08/fortdi ... index.html

"Undoubtedly some think the Second Amendment is outmoded in a society where our standing army is the pride of our Nation, where well-trained police forces provide personal security, and where gun violence is a serious problem. That is perhaps debatable, but what is not debatable is that it is not the role of this Court to pronounce the Second Amendment extinct."--Justice Scalia

Post subject: Re: I wonder who these scumbags are.....
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 8:24 am 
Longtime Regular

aypstony wrote:

Or, drop them off in front of the base and have them resume their mission after notifying the base that they are coming. :twisted:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 9:27 am 
Longtime Regular

Better yet drop them off in the middle of the Hurlburt reservation in northern Florida.

Nothing in there but snakes, wild hogs, gators and other things that like to eat anything they can catch.

That might be an appropiately slow death to be adequate punishment for this.

I wonder if this will be charged as Treason, they are after making war against the US.

"For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
-Unknown

Honorably Discharged member of Uncle Sam's Underwater Canoe Club.

Last edited by jac714 on Tue May 08, 2007 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 9:29 am 
Longtime Regular

I think they just got the wrong soldiers. They forgot which country they were in. They meant to attack these guys:

Quote:
Lord's Resistance Army
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Lord's Resistance Army (LRA),[1] formed in 1987, is a paramilitary group operating mainly in northern Uganda and parts of Sudan. The group is engaged in an armed rebellion against the Ugandan government in what is now one of Africa's longest-running conflicts. It is led by Joseph Kony, who proclaims himself a spirit medium, and apparently wishes to establish a state based on his unique interpretation of the Acholi religious syncretism and Premillennialism. The LRA is accused of widespread human rights violations, including mutilation, torture, rape, the abduction of civilians, the use of child soldiers and a number of massacres.

As such I think we should air lift these guys over to the Uganda/ Sudan boarder and drop them off. There are pleanty of guns around that region, they don't need to take their own.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 10:14 am 
Longtime Regular

Quote:
all six of the men were from the former Yugoslavia

It would kill them to say Bosnian muslims wouldn't it?

Post subject: Re: I wonder who these scumbags are.....
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 10:15 am 
Longtime Regular

aypstony wrote:

Sources: 6 charged with plot to kill Fort Dix soldiers

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Six men were arrested overnight after being accused of plotting an attack against Fort Dix in New Jersey, and federal charges were to be filed Tuesday, sources told CNN.

The six men were planning to use automatic weapons to shoot soldiers at the Army post, according to a federal law enforcement source and a senior government source.

The men, some of whom were related to each other, had been doing surveillance and planning "for a while," and they trained in the Poconos, according to the federal law enforcement source.

New Jersey state troopers and the FBI were involved in investigating and arresting the suspects. An informant played a key role in the investigation, the sources said.

One of the sources said there is a video and an audiotape of the planning.

A spokesman for the U.S. Attorney's office in New Jersey told The Associated Press that all six of the men were from the former Yugoslavia, and that five of them lived in Cherry Hill, New Jersey.

Federal authorities said the men's goal was to "kill as many soldiers as possible," according to the AP.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/05/08/fortdi ... index.html

Anyone want to make book that these guys face Mecca six times a day?
:( :( :( :( :( :( :(

UT BCI Certified Conceal/Carry Instructor

"If you expect the police to always be able to protect you, why are the ones who show up at crimes called 'detectives' instead of 'defenders'? Detectives try to find a criminal after they've committed a crime."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 10:18 am 
Designated waste of protoplasm

Send em to Gitmo.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 10:42 am 
Longtime Regular

hammAR wrote:
Quote:
all six of the men were from the former Yugoslavia

It would kill them to say Bosnian muslims wouldn't it?

Yes. The amazing disappearing of certain facts from news stories is impressive.

Do you suppose that, if the group were all some sort of Christians or Jews, the papers would hesitate to report it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 10:48 am 
Longtime Regular

News Update - Finally some truth:

The men were identified in court papers as Mohamad Ibrahim Shnewer, Dritan Duka, Eljvir Duka, Shain Duka, Serdar Tatar and Agron Abdullahu. Checks with Immigration and Customs Enforcement show that Dritan Duka, Eljvir Duka and Shain Duka are illegally living in the United States, according to FBI complaints unsealed with their arrests

Officials said four of the men were born in the former Yugoslavia, one in Jordan and one in Turkey. All had lived in the United States for years. Three were in the United States illegally, two had work permits, and the other is a U.S. citizen.

The suspects were described as "Islamic radicals" by Greg Reinert, a spokesman for the United States Attorney's Office.

Damn, finally someone with b---s finally said it............... :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 10:55 am 
Longtime Regular

The Strib RSS feed now reads 6 'Islamic militants' charged in plot to attack Fort Dix.

The story still says 6 charged in plot to attack soldiers in New Jersey

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 11:02 am 
Longtime Regular

hammAR wrote:
Damn, finally someone with b---s finally said it............... :shock:

But note that the news account doesn't say that the men were Islamic radicals. It attributes this wild-eyed, irresponsible claim to an external source, the U.S. Attorney's office. That way the originators of the story can keep it at arm's length.

So the existence of the newswriters' cojones remains doubtful.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 12:16 pm 
Longtime Regular

It could simply be that the original article's writers did not know the origin of the suspects, and reported the facts that were verifiable at the time. Once more facts became available, they were reported, with attribution.

I wouldn't rush to guess at conspiracy to cover up the truth.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 12:53 pm 
Longtime Regular

Dave Matheny wrote:
So the existence of the newswriters' cojones remains doubtful.

We know that there aren't any in the news room or editorial staff.....
and we now know why Greg Reinert wasn't fired by Gonzoles.....Greg Reinert

DISCLAIMER:
I had to verify that you left before I wrote that.... :wink:

. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 1:55 am 
On time out

while it may horrify some, I vote to send them back to where they came from, but that would involve flying them home, lets say about 37000 over the mid atlantic we decide to let them escape. . . .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 5:47 am 
Longtime Regular

They should be on a plane to Gitmo for a nice extended stay to encourage them to tell all they know! :twisted:

Side Guard Holsters
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.