Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Wed Jul 03, 2024 12:38 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 A Favor 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 7:30 pm 
Delicate Flower

:) :) :) :) :) Great news

Quote:
On top of all that I think I may have bought into teaching a NRA First Steps Pistol, Basic Pistol and PPITH class to some of the nurses and my cardiologist.

You are absolutely shameless recruiting from your hospital bed.........I bet your NRA TC is quite proud :wink:

Andrew wrote:
Quote:
Since she clearly took good care of you, tell her her carry class is on me.

or me..... May 20th or June 10th...........any body that takes care of a crusty old swabbie and survives deserves something :P

Glad it went well for you Jeff..............MsT called earlier (long distance none the less) for any updates............course I hadn't caught up yet but I will inform her

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 6:41 am 
Longtime Regular

Thnks guys, I will pass on the offers. I am not sure she is ready to make the cahnge yet, but one more incident around North will probably tip the balance.

It is absolutely amazing what modern medicine can do. The technology in use was amazing, I have the before and after pictures of my heart and the difference is amazing. Ypu can actually see where the blockage was and how little blood was getting to that part of the heart. The body can also do amazing things, another artery had picked up just enough of the load from the blocked one to keep the muscle alive.

"For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
-Unknown

Honorably Discharged member of Uncle Sam's Underwater Canoe Club.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 12:23 pm 
1911 tainted

So what set off this escapade?

I know you said that you had a minor heart attack, but I have heard that some do not even realize they have had a heart attack or minor stroke.

So was there anything else that lead to this discovery, a physical, feeling poorly, or was the warning chest pains?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 12:51 pm 
Longtime Regular

cobb wrote:
So what set off this escapade?

I know you said that you had a minor heart attack, but I have heard that some do not even realize they have had a heart attack or minor stroke.

So was there anything else that lead to this discovery, a physical, feeling poorly, or was the warning chest pains?

Basically I had the tightness in the chest and shortness of breath. I had what is called a non Q wave heart attack, it is the mildest type. I was lucky that we caught it when we did, it could have been much worse.

It seems that the symptoms of a heart attack have been expanded and some of the more mild types go uncaught.

The American Heart Association has some good information on heart diease.

www.americanheart.org

It is kind of hard to describe in writing but next time we see each other remind me and we can go into more detail.

"For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
-Unknown

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 2:14 pm 
Longtime Regular

jac714,

You're a real anomaly, I spent six years in the pusser and I never once met a Chief who had a heart..............LOL

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm glad you're feeling better.

UT BCI Certified Conceal/Carry Instructor

"If you expect the police to always be able to protect you, why are the ones who show up at crimes called 'detectives' instead of 'defenders'? Detectives try to find a criminal after they've committed a crime."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 2:33 pm 
Longtime Regular

Selurcspi wrote:
jac714,

You're a real anomaly, I spent six years in the pusser and I never once met a Chief who had a heart..............LOL

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm glad you're feeling better.

As am I.

If the Navy wanted Chiefs to have hearts they would have issued them. :D

-Unknown

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 3:00 pm 

I'm a little late entering into this one, but, I am glad things went well. Guys like you are what make this a great forum :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 7:17 pm 
Longtime Regular

nyffman wrote:
I'm a little late entering into this one, but, I am glad things went well. Guys like you are what make this a great forum :D

I am humbled by your compliment.

Thank you for your thoughts.

-Unknown

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.