Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sat Jun 22, 2024 8:51 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Fridley Man Dies After Being Tased 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:38 am 
On time out

thread drift, but still applicable to some prior comments.

A couple of years ago I was playing hockey in a group which included several cops from suburban depts, Plymouth, Wayzata, MG, and Roseville were represented. It was not an organized group, it was just late night open hockey. One night the topic came up of some kid at the new Wayzata HS who had been there late at night, he was not a student, but I think had been drinking abit and had a girl with him, so I would assume he was trying to get a little back seat time. The cops showed up and he was not willing to let them look in the car and so the story was he tried to lock his keys in the car, and the cops tazed him thinking he was trying to get away.

Had you listened to the officers start to talk about the people they had tazed, you would have had the same feeling all the rest of us in that locker room did. THEY ENJOYED IT, they thought making someone twitch and wet themselves was just the best thing ever, and then they started making fun of the screams. I left not to long after, instead of staying for the usual beer.

I think for most cops, the Tazer has become the weapon of choice because they love the way it hurts people. They love to hear the people scream. The love the little toy because the courts still say its legal and it makes people scream.

We declared electric chairs illegal because too many times they just shocked the people but did not kill them. hmmmmm that sounds just like a Tazer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:37 pm 

01/18/2008 - STATE PATROL SENDS REGRETS

M
Minnesota State Patrol officials are expressing condolences to the family of a Fridley man who died after troopers Tasered him during an incident on a Twin Cities freeway Tuesday. There's still no cause of death determined in the case of 29-year-old Mark Backlund, who authorities say was uncooperative when troopers responded to a traffic crash -- resulting in their use of a Taser. Officials defend the Patrols use of Tasers, pointing to no health-related incidents in a 12-month pilot study.

This makes it all better :?:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:06 am 
Longtime Regular

1911fan wrote:

I think for most cops, the Tazer has become the weapon of choice because they love the way it hurts people. They love to hear the people scream. The love the little toy because the courts still say its legal and it makes people scream.

I think some not most. The number is smaller than you may think IMO. The bigger problem IMO is that the cops that would not do this will still stand up and back the ones that would. Fraternal brotherhood bound to protect and defend their brothers.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:18 am 
The Man

jaysong wrote:
1911fan wrote:

I think some not most. The number is smaller than you may think IMO.
I think you're probably right. The problem is that it's so difficult -- near impossible -- to get a good handle on it, what with the omerta problem.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:29 am 
Wise Elder

"We do not lie, cheat, or steal, or tolerate among us those who do."
Military Academy code

"We do lie, cheat, and steal, and cover up for those who do."
Police Academy code

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:08 pm 
On time out

Maybe "most" is an stretch, but every one of those cops I was playing with got in on the act about this 'dude' or 'homey' or "bxxxh" squealing and twitching or wetting themselves over it. They had tears running down their faces regarding how one large guy got shot in the buttocks, and when he peed it made a better contact and how funny that was with him callin' for his mamma. If its a few bad apples, then the rest sure seem to enjoy the tales.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:18 pm 
Journeyman Member

If you go back to the video of the Utah tasering from a month or so ago, the second officer on the scene made some comment to the citizen on the order of "Took a ride on the Taser, huh? <chuckle>.

Seemed to get some vicarious enjoyment from someone getting Tazed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 2:01 pm 
Longtime Regular

The dash cam video

and the story
http://www.startribune.com/local/18768824.html
http://www.startribune.com/local/east/18667699.html

Looks like a good tasing to me.

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.