Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 7:30 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Cops losing their guns in downtown Mpls 
 Post subject: Cops losing their guns in downtown Mpls
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:46 pm 
Longtime Regular

http://forums.officer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75730

Quote:
For those on this board that are sworn officers, please please please please please if you are going to come to Downtown MPLS to enjoy our night life, professional sports, shopping, dinning what have you, DO NOT FOR THE LOVE OF GOD LEAVE A PISTOL loaded or otherwise in your CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! three times in as many weeks we have taken reports from off duty officers who have had their department weapons stolen from them, please think about the amount of paper work that both the officers responding to take your report are going to have to do and the amount of paper your home agency is going to require and the grief you will get over this.. Thank you for your support.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:01 pm 
Longtime Regular

Quote:
think about the amount of paper work

Oh the humanity. :roll:

ETA: If my gun was stolen from my car while I was downtown, would there be paperwork for me as well? Would it be a lot? If so, would I get help filling it out?

"The attitude of people associating guns with nothing but crime, that is what has to be changed. I grew up at a time when people were not afraid of people with firearms." —Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia
Sierra Trading - Firearms Sales, Service and Training

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:24 pm 
Longtime Regular

Notice there's no mention of concern about what the stolen gun might be used for?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:29 pm 
Longtime Regular

Right, just a quip at the end of the post about, "one more gun on the streets."

"The attitude of people associating guns with nothing but crime, that is what has to be changed. I grew up at a time when people were not afraid of people with firearms." —Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia
Sierra Trading - Firearms Sales, Service and Training

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:38 pm 
Delicate Flower

Is this the gun "stole" loophole I have heard so much about?
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/

As good a definition as any.

:roll:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:46 pm 

As much as I loathe coming into Sodom and Gomorrah on the Missippi for ANY reason, if there's free handguns laying around I might be persuaded.

Unless, of course, these are glocks that are being tossed. In that case, I'll pass. :wink:

To expect bad men not to do wrong is madness, for he who expects this desires an impossiblity. But to allow men to behave so to others and expect them not to do thee any wrong is irrational and tyranical. Marcus Aurelius

I won't mind if you call me a racist. And I'm sure YOU won't mind if I call you a target of opportunity.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 5:01 pm 
Longtime Regular

Daz harsh.

I am all there for the free guns though.

I wonder, if I was an officer and "lost" a dept gun and the dept replaced that gun. . . if I could sell the "lost" gun to a thug? Just a thought.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:30 pm 
Longtime Regular

MPD does not issue duty pistols to officers, they must provide their own. These officers are losing their own private property

"The right of citizens to bear arms is just one more guarantee against arbitrary government, one more safeguard against the tyranny which now appears remote in America, but which historically has proved to be always possible." - Vice President Hubert H. Humphrey, 1960

"Man has the right to deal with his oppressors by devouring their palpitating hearts." - Jean-Paul Marat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:35 pm 
Longtime Regular

chunkstyle wrote:
MPD does not issue duty pistols to officers, they must provide their own. These officers are losing their own private property

While the guns are being stolen in Mpls, I don't think they're necessarily MPD pistols. They don't say where the victims were from.

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.