Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 11:43 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 
 Recommend a leather gun belt in black for MS VM II holster.. 
 Post subject: Recommend a leather gun belt in black for MS VM II holster..
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 8:06 am 
Journeyman Member

To go/match with the MS VM II holster in black that I have on order, what's a recommended "leather" gun belt that looks good, and won't give me away when I carry? I've got 16-20 weeks to wait and search for a belt, so I'll look at all options for sure.

You can't hit what you can't see.. Play racquetball 200 + MPH

Life Member of the NRA

Post subject: Re: Recommend a leather gun belt in black for MS VM II holst
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:30 am 
Longtime Regular

Oneshotrqtbll wrote:
To go/match with the MS VM II holster in black that I have on order, what's a recommended "leather" gun belt that looks good, and won't give me away when I carry? I've got 16-20 weeks to wait and search for a belt, so I'll look at all options for sure.

What size length and width of a belt are you looking for? I have a couple I'm looking to sell. They have never been used.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:39 am 
Longtime Regular

Streicher's has very nice Gould & Goodrich dress belts in black for about $40.

They are thick and stiff, but look like a regular belt.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:44 am 
Longtime Regular

Fleet Farm - go to the back of the rack and look at the cheap belts. They are very stiff and work very well.

Galco belts are very expensive and very floppy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:06 pm 
Journeyman Member

I thought of checking there, but I would really like a quality piece to go with the rest of the rig. Thanks for the recommendations, I'm going to keep an eye out for just the right one. Who knows, maybe I'll just get a Milt Sparks belt and be done with it. I think they're $82.00 and up.

Life Member of the NRA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:15 pm 
Longtime Regular

http://www.donhume.com/Products/ProductsList.cfm?action=Browse&CategoryID=8

I have 2 of the Don Hume belts. One has been used every day since I got my permit in 2003. It still looks very, very good. I carry a Glock 19 and hardly know it is there. I tried a couple other belts, but went back to Don Hume and will not go anywhere else.

Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 6:28 pm 

I was at Streicher's today to pick up a gift card. I did like the belts they had. Maybe I could wear one to work since dangerous wepons are prohibited.
Just like when the bank next door was robbed, I tell people we're safe because we have a sign saying tabaco use & weapons are prohibited.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 8:41 pm 
Journeyman Member

:lol: :lol: Funny stuff on the above reply.. I had come across a great link for gun leather, and it involved cowboy action shooting. All custom gun leather - and real fancy too. I wish I could remember which one that was. I've got a belt design in mind, but I have not found it yet.. This is half of the fun though!

Life Member of the NRA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 10:47 am 
Journeyman Member

Check out http://www.thebeltman.net/. Very high quality, craftsmanship, and low price. I now have 2 (black and cordovan) of his belts and wear one every day to work in jeans as well as dockers, and would wear it with one of my suits.

If I remember correctly, it took about 2 weeks to get my last belt.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:09 pm 
Longtime Regular

OK, I just looked up the receipt for the two gun belts (and holster) I have, that I am willing to sell.

They are Mitch Rosen black 42 1/2 X 1 1/4 belts. The one with regular tip costs $95.00 and the one with the tapered to 1" tip costs $125.00.

One was worn once, I think.

Make me an offer.

[edit to add]

These are top quality thick leather gun belts. At the time I ordered them I wore a 40" belt. As I recall they strongly recommended getting a belt two inches longer then you needed. Also, for what's it's worth, if you are going to wear an IWB holster, I strongly recommend that you wear one size larger pants than normal. Doing so adds tons of comfort, and no one can tell that you are doing so. (My two cents)

Last edited by JDR on Sun Dec 10, 2006 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 5:00 pm 
Journeyman Member

JDR wrote:
OK, I just looked up the receipt for the two gun belts (and holster) I have, that I am willing to sell.

They are Mitch Rosen black 42 1/2 X 1 1/4 belts. The one with regular tip costs $95.00 and the one with the tapered to 1" tip costs $125.00.

One was worn once, I think.

Make me an offer.

And a brand new Beltman 1 1/4" belt cost $59.95, and a 1 1/2" belt cost $69.95... I think I would buy a new one.... just my additional 2 cents.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:45 pm 
Longtime Regular

The Fleet Farm belts are actually pretty high quality despite the price. I wear them with a suit almost every day.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:20 pm 
Journeyman Member

Although they're not leather, what about Maxpedition gun belts? They are not their brand, but one they carry - I forget the name, but they look like they can resist almost every kind of element according to the specs of the belt. They also look to be around $60.00. Just don't want to cheapen the rig by buying a lesser quality belt to go with a great handmade holster. The main thing besides the looks is supporting the firearm/magazines. Probably double thickness, and having the belt cut on the curve ( to aid in the support ) are the two most important features to look for. :shock:

Life Member of the NRA

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.