Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2024 4:18 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 171 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12  Next
 URGENT: Hunter "convenience" bill SCREWS metro re 
 Post subject: Re: Dill's bill is a TRAP by metro-liberal DFL anti-gunners.
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:47 pm 
Longtime Regular

kimberman wrote:
Tim Grant says that Rep. David Dill told him the following:

"The speaker and the chair of the applicable policy committee will not allow the bill to the floor without the seven county Metro language in the bill."

The anti-gun metro DFL is being given (by NRA) what they don't have the power to take, all for the mere convenience of a few lazy hunters. A million metro county gun owners lose so a favored few can save a minute (time it takes to case your gun).

WE, the locals, have fought this for 40 years as the anti's have tried to add it to EVERY gun bill to ever hit the floor in the Minnesota legislature.

And the NRA is NEUTRAL on this ???

The simple response:

DON'T LET THIS GO TO THE FLOOR!

Any word from David on how his message was received?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Dill's bill is a TRAP by metro-liberal DFL anti-gunners.
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:02 pm 
Poet Laureate

kimberman wrote:
the NRA is NEUTRAL on this ???

At the risk of pushing my luck just a little too far, I'll attempt to quote myself, quoting an NRA'er, from this thread:

Carbide Insert wrote:
The NRA summed up in 6 words by their own lobbyist:
Quote:
everything we kind of stand for

GOA all the way! 8)

What do you do when an 800lb gorilla who used to be your friend starts ignoring your concerns and playing with himself instead?
Give his bananas to another monkey. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:18 pm 
Longtime Regular

I just received a loosely disguised canned response from Marty Seifert that references a "dead pheasant that looks great". Would anyone like to explain that reference to me? Would he be refrencing my email?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:20 pm 
Longtime Regular

Traveler wrote:
I just received a loosely disguised canned response from Marty Seifert that references a "dead pheasant that looks great". Would anyone like to explain that reference to me? Would he be refrencing my email?

Pheasant hunting.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:32 pm 
Longtime Regular

mrokern wrote:
Traveler wrote:

Pheasant hunting.

Thank you. It appears that Marty Seifert might have ADD since he appears to have trouble staying on-topic, even in a canned response. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:40 pm 
Journeyman Member

Today I received, word for word, the exact same response from Rep. Seifert that Dean quoted earlier in this thread in response to an email I sent on 4/9. Haven't heard anything from Dill or Cornish who I wrote to on the same day.

Tonight I will be composing another email and sending it to the list Joel
posted as well as an email and a follow up call to my rep (Karla Bigham)
She's an NRA C rating but seems to listen to a reasoned argument.

Member-North American Hunting Club
Veteran - US Army

Post subject: This just in . .
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:24 pm 
The Man

In total, from Representative Cornish:

Quote:
from Tony Cornish <Rep.Tony.Cornish@house.mn>
to Joel Rosenberg <joelr@ellegon.com>
date Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 6:20 PM
subject Vote Yes

Rep Cornish

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: This just in . .
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:05 pm 
Longtime Regular

joelr wrote:
In total, from Representative Cornish:

Quote:
from Tony Cornish <Rep.Tony.Cornish@house.mn>
to Joel Rosenberg <joelr@ellegon.com>
date Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 6:20 PM
subject Vote Yes

Rep Cornish

So did he forget to include a body of text, is he being blunt, or is he ignoring us.

I'll say it again, with how badly the GOP Caucus has gotten their butts handed to them, ticking off a community that can count almost 60,000 (permit holders) might not be the best move. Looks like they should have hired a chief of staff (executive director in the House) with a clue to issues. If only somebody like that had applied...oh wait, one did.

ahem ahem

Guess I'll have to run for office if I want anyone to listen over there.

-Mark

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:23 pm 
Longtime Regular

I recieved a timely reply from my Rep:

Thanks I will be watching for it. I know I have begun to get some other emails regarding it but no others from our district.
Jeanne

Representative Jeanne Poppe
District 27B

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:37 pm 

Someone needs to remind David Dill of what happened to Dean Johnson of Wilmar when the sportsman got tired of him jerking them around on the sales tax amendment. Whatever you think of the final product there were a lot of sportsmen who felt that there needed to be something rather than nothing and were totally fed up with Johnson's jerking them around.

Yes there was that incident with the state supreme court justices (if I recall correctly), but I think the main driver for his defeat was fed up sportsmen.

So the closing line should be Rep. Dill, are you looking to be another Dean Johnson?

Edited to add: Just a thought.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:55 pm 
Longtime Regular

Quote:
I will vote against HF1238. Thanks for writing.

State Rep. Mary Kiffmeyer
District 16B: Cities and Townships of Big Lake, Becker and Clear Lake; Cities of Zimmerman and Elk River; and, Blue Hill, Livonia, Orrock, Palmer and Santiago Townships.

This is what I received just a few minutes ago.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:07 pm 
Longtime Regular

could you write her back, thanking her for her support and asking her to contact Rep Dill and Rep Cornish on behalf of her constituents? The time to kill or modify this bill is NOW before it gets to the floor where the Metro Anti-Gunners can vote FOR it just to get their long term goal.

The time to kill the amendment or kill the bill is NOW, before it gets to a floor vote.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:10 pm 

Traveler wrote:

Me too. I took it to mean he has a stuffed/mounted pheasant in his office. i.e. "I am a fellow sportsman". All in all, I think his response is encouraging to our cause.

BB

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:12 pm 

kimberman wrote:
There is more on this in the Strategy forum.

Where is this 'Strategy' forum? I don't see that listed on the main forum listing page.

BB

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:14 pm 
Longtime Regular

plblark wrote:
could you write her back, thanking her for her support and asking her to contact Rep Dill and Rep Cornish on behalf of her constituents? The time to kill or modify this bill is NOW before it gets to the floor where the Metro Anti-Gunners can vote FOR it just to get their long term goal.

The time to kill the amendment or kill the bill is NOW, before it gets to a floor vote.

Done.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 171 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.