Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2024 2:21 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 My attempt to volunteer at the RNC 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:41 pm 

My advice to all--

GET OUT OF TOWN!!

I have heard that Ramsey Sheriff has questioned St. Paul Chief if they have enough LEOs--

Possible #s that I have heard of from a bud in the military

500-1000 antis/nuts - All it takes is one nut with the right stuff and to be in the right place

3000 - ? cops

= at best a tough job for the police/at worst God only knows

I hope to be sailing on Superior -
PS I forgot -
Terror Probe in Case of Somali-Born Man Found Dead of Cyanide Poisoning in Denver Hotel

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,403982,00.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:04 pm 
Longtime Regular

kpaul wrote:
3000 - ? cops

The last number I heard was 4400 cops will be involved.

What are they estimating...50,000 to 70,000 protesters? Where's everyone going to pee?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:05 pm 
Longtime Regular

Lenny7 wrote:
kpaul wrote:
3000 - ? cops

What are they estimating...50,000 to 70,000 protesters? Where's everyone going to pee?

From what I hear, they are going to try for the police.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:35 pm 
Longtime Regular

St. Paul is recruiting small town police departments to help patrol St. Paul. We'll have all manner of Barneys in St. Paul for the convention. When you get arrested, they are planning to take your picture with the cop who arrested you, so he'll be able to remember who he arrested.

If the jail gets full, the judges will have court at midnight, so they can bail people out. But they won't bring in the Clerks, because it's time and a half, union rules, and they don't have money for it. Supervisors will be expected to set up the court calender. The Public Defenders refuse to come in late, because they've just been cut by the legislature.

So, the judges want volunteer lawyers at midnight. It appears the court will actually be inside the exclusion zone, so nobody knows how the lawyers will get to the courthouse. Maybe the police will have a checkpoint, but nobody knows. There is also no parking, so, one judge suggested bicycles.

The police have not released their plans, so nobody really knows what to expect.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:40 pm 

someone1980 wrote:
Lenny7 wrote:
kpaul wrote:
3000 - ? cops

From what I hear, they are going to try for the police.

From the pics that were posted in buckets than they toss it on the poor cops

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:41 am 
Longtime Regular

Dick Unger wrote:
Ihere is also no parking, so, one judge suggested bicycles. .

Well heck...that shouldn't be a problem! Just pick one up at the RNC Bike Space!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:27 am 
Longtime Regular

Dick Unger wrote:
St. Paul is recruiting small town police departments to help patrol St. Paul. We'll have all manner of Barneys in St. Paul for the convention. When you get arrested, they are planning to take your picture with the cop who arrested you, so he'll be able to remember who he arrested.

If the jail gets full, the judges will have court at midnight, so they can bail people out. But they won't bring in the Clerks, because it's time and a half, union rules, and they don't have money for it. Supervisors will be expected to set up the court calender. The Public Defenders refuse to come in late, because they've just been cut by the legislature.

So, the judges want volunteer lawyers at midnight. It appears the court will actually be inside the exclusion zone, so nobody knows how the lawyers will get to the courthouse. Maybe the police will have a checkpoint, but nobody knows. There is also no parking, so, one judge suggested bicycles.

The police have not released their plans, so nobody really knows what to expect.

Does this have the sound of "We know better then everyone" while at the same time sounding FUBAR? Dick I wonder if that is the impression you got while at the meeting or am I reading something that isn't there into it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:09 am 
Longtime Regular

I heard that attendance would be on the order of 200,000. That's everyone, cops, protesters, attendees, press, gay hookers, and dominatrixes.

Quite a crowd management problem.

Of course, no one forced anyone to become a cop, and if you can't take the heat...

Hell, this is the kind of thing most of these cops LIVE for.

"The right of citizens to bear arms is just one more guarantee against arbitrary government, one more safeguard against the tyranny which now appears remote in America, but which historically has proved to be always possible." - Vice President Hubert H. Humphrey, 1960

"Man has the right to deal with his oppressors by devouring their palpitating hearts." - Jean-Paul Marat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:52 am 
Longtime Regular

chunkstyle wrote:
Hell, this is the kind of thing most of these cops LIVE for.

I don't know Chunk, the few that live by me are not at all excited about going down there. Yes they may have a chance to bathe hippies with oc, but it's still airborn and coming back at you, and you're still dodging bottles, rocks, urine and anything that isn't chained down. I'm pretty sure most of these guys would rather be fishing or playing poker.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:03 am 

ill be St. Paul supporting my party! It will be interesting to see all the fruitcups protesting, I've read a couple nutty groups that plan on protesting, personally i find it hillarious!

"Ours was the first revolution in the history of mankind that truly reversed the course of goverment with three little words 'We The People'. We the people tell the government what to do, It doesn't tell us."
The Late Great Ronald Reagan

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
-Aristotle

Campus Leader-IHCC
Students for Concealed Carry on Campus
www.concealedcampus.org

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:07 am 
Longtime Regular

I'll be watching from home

ETA: Thanks Chunkstyle for adding the article text. I forgot to do that.

Last edited by Lenny7 on Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:23 am 
Longtime Regular

Lenny7 wrote:

Article quote:

RNC surveillance cameras can be viewed from home

The Republican National Convention gets underway three weeks from Monday, and St. Paul Police have installed dozens of new surveillance cameras around the Xcel Energy Center in preparation.

Officers will monitor the cameras behind locked doors on the fifth floor of the department’s headquarters.

"This is the CCT Command Center or close circuit command center," said Sgt. Jack Serier, who gave 5 EYEWITNESS NEWS and tour of the facility.

"We can read license plates from two blocks away," Serier explained.

In the command center, officials will have access to live feeds from 60 cameras stationed around the Xcel and University Avenue during the duration of the convention.

"It’s another set of information of what is happening and to give ourselves a much more complete picture of what's going on when were dealing with issues on the street," Serier said.

When the conventions starts, the St. Paul Police Department will put these cameras online so anyone will be able to watch the same cameras on their home computer.

"This is just another way to confirm with people of the level of trust with the St. Paul Police Department," Serier said.

The command center will stay in use after the convention, but some cameras will be moved to other parts of downtown.

That a DAMN good idea! Why doesn't MPD do this with the cameras it has in DT MPLS? I know they can't have someone watching each one, all the time, just let everyday folks do it, and have them call in the hinky things they see?

Watchers could even talk to each other (and maybe someone from the MPD), with a chat window.

It would cost almost nothing, make the most of the equipment they already have, and build trust in the MPD... Win/win/win.

"The right of citizens to bear arms is just one more guarantee against arbitrary government, one more safeguard against the tyranny which now appears remote in America, but which historically has proved to be always possible." - Vice President Hubert H. Humphrey, 1960

"Man has the right to deal with his oppressors by devouring their palpitating hearts." - Jean-Paul Marat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:57 am 
Longtime Regular

Quote:
"We can read license plates from two blocks away," Serier explained.

Are those long blocks or did they end up with some very low end optics?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:24 pm 
Site Admin

someone1980 wrote:
Why did we want it here in the first place?

What do you mean "we" paleface?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:00 pm 
Longtime Regular

SethB wrote:
someone1980 wrote:
Why did we want it here in the first place?

What do you mean "we" paleface?

As near as I can tell "we" in this context means "the dumbass politicians".

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.