Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Fri Jun 28, 2024 10:46 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
 OC at the Tea Party and Tax Cut Rally 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:24 am 
Poet Laureate

cmxterra wrote:
well that was uneventful

walked in and without any fuss got my letter received and got a copy of it.. Out the door in under 5 minutes.

OC'ing? :D
Just the way I like it. 8)

I keep telling people, and either no one listens, or no one seems to believe me: 1: 90% Just Don't Notice. 2: 9% Notice, and Don't Care. 3: 1% Notice, Care, But Mind their own Business. 4: 1% Notice, Care, and may actually speak to you and/or call the police. (When they do, nothing comes of it anyway, as you've done nothing wrong.)

All that said, keep in mind that 87% of statistics are made up on the spot. :wink:

But you get the general idea... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:40 am 

J. R. wrote:

ETA, what is the address for the comissioners office?

Look at the PDF he posted.. it is right on top.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:35 pm 
Longtime Regular

Quote:
OC'ing? :D
Just the way I like it. 8)

I keep telling people, and either no one listens, or no one seems to believe me: 1: 90% Just Don't Notice. 2: 9% Notice, and Don't Care. 3: 1% Notice, Care, But Mind their own Business. 4: 1% Notice, Care, and may actually speak to you and/or call the police. (When they do, nothing comes of it anyway, as you've done nothing wrong.)

All that said, keep in mind that 87% of statistics are made up on the spot. :wink:

They'd have to be to add up to 101%. :lol:

But, yeah. While OC is not generally my cup of tea, I did it for several months straight because I don't like untested theories. (Man with a gun call theories.) Hardly ever got a second look.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:37 pm 

So do we have a rally point? Plan?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:47 pm 

I'll come up with some details later this week or early next week. Stay tuned.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:31 am 
Poet Laureate

AGoodDay wrote:
Quote:

They'd have to be to add up to 101%. :lol:

Caught that did ya? :wink:
It's nice to see people are reading my forum contributions. :wink:

AGoodDay wrote:
But, yeah. While OC is not generally my cup of tea, I did it for several months straight because I don't like untested theories. (Man with a gun call theories.) Hardly ever got a second look.

+1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:13 pm 
Journeyman Member

I'm interested in connecting with you guys at the Tea Party, but I can't get there untill about 5:30PM.
Oh, If I can find a holsrter for my Beretta, I'll OC too. :)

Bersa Thunder 380
Beretta 92FS
Smith and Wesson M&P15

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:51 pm 

I'll be there with two others. I'll keep tuned for details.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:40 am 
Longtime Regular

Anyone else? I'd like to see a big turnout.

"The right of citizens to bear arms is just one more guarantee against arbitrary government, one more safeguard against the tyranny which now appears remote in America, but which historically has proved to be always possible." - Vice President Hubert H. Humphrey, 1960

"Man has the right to deal with his oppressors by devouring their palpitating hearts." - Jean-Paul Marat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:04 am 
Journeyman Member

Do we have a particular place to meet? Or should I just look for the group surrounded by the Brady Campaign? :lol:

Bersa Thunder 380
Beretta 92FS
Smith and Wesson M&P15

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:08 am 
Longtime Regular

Rotary12 wrote:
Do we have a particular place to meet? Or should I just look for the group surrounded by the Brady Campaign? :lol:

Ah hah hah. The antis in this state couldn't fill a short bus, let alone surround any sizable meeting of ours. Numbers are very much on our side.

I would think the main gathering would be on the south steps (the ones facing DT St Paul), or just inside, in bad weather. (Though it's currently predicted to be 60s and sunny.)

I'd say best bet would be to cluster up with other OC'ers, and let CC'ers gather round, as well. There will be a larger demo against taxation going on, as well, likely a very sympathetic bunch.

Keep your eyes open for OC'ers, and hang around them.

Does anyone have an agenda for us, or are we there to provide a sub contingent for the anti tax group? Will they have speakers? If they don't, will we?

"The right of citizens to bear arms is just one more guarantee against arbitrary government, one more safeguard against the tyranny which now appears remote in America, but which historically has proved to be always possible." - Vice President Hubert H. Humphrey, 1960

"Man has the right to deal with his oppressors by devouring their palpitating hearts." - Jean-Paul Marat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:52 am 
Journeyman Member

It would be nice if we had a speaker also. This rally isn't just about high taxes but about government being too large and infringing on our rights and freedoms.

Bersa Thunder 380
Beretta 92FS
Smith and Wesson M&P15

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:40 pm 
Longtime Regular

Well, whatdaya know..............looky here........ :shock: :twisted:

Map of planned 2009 'Tea Parties'. :shock: 8)
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8& ... urce=embed

Evidently, there's a lot more pissed off people than imagined....... :wink:

Squeeze trigger, BANG, repeat. Kind of boring, but I never cared for drama.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:41 am 

I will be there!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:24 am 
Poet Laureate

I sadly can't do it after work. :cry:
By the time I get out and drive into town, all the fun would be over. Wife does not approve of me taking one of "our" vacation days to go and spend in a protest.

I hope one of you fellas takes some video and youtube's it. I'd love to see some OC at the capitol and participate vicariously. I'll even OC at my computer while I watch. :cry:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.