Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Mon Jul 15, 2024 9:36 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Gun writers continue to plant head in sand 
 Post subject: Gun writers continue to plant head in sand
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:34 am 
Wise Elder

The Fudd. So ignorant. So naive. So dangerous to us all.

Another "outdoors writer" offers his afterthoughts about the Zumbo affair and the response to his earlier column on the subject. "I'm sure Ill get a few more you’re-being-naive emails insisting that there's a plot by the Brady Bunch to take my old 870 away, but I don't believe this is close to reality." (Pump shotguns, such as the Remington 870, were just BANNED in Cook County IL and there is a bill to extend such a ban to the entire state of Illinois.)

I guess he doesn't know that the "Brady Bunch" admits that it wants to bring English/Australia rifle and shotgun bans to the USA. He doesn't know much.

http://www.newwest.net/index.php/topic/ ... s/C41/L41/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:05 am 
Longtime Regular

We can't expect reporters to actually do their job can we? :roll: :roll: :roll:

They are truely just parrots for what every anyone says now (one way of course). Idiots! :evil:

Side Guard Holsters
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:23 am 
Longtime Regular

I found this at Kim Du Toit's site. It's linked from THR:

Quote:
E-mail from Zumbo…

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To Ted Nugent this weekend:

Ted, I’m still at the sportsmen’s show, it ends tomorrow, and am able to write a little in my booth. Am giving the absolutist message in my seminars—people are seeing the light. But lemme tell you what you already know. A LOT of people said I was right all along and I shouldn’t have apologized. That’s the danger, that’s the problem. A WHOLE lot of education needs to go on. When these people tell me that, I give them my new hard core spiel about HR1022 and how it will take away their favorite hunting guns. They say, NO ****, and I’ve won a convert. How sweet it is.

Funny thing, my best customer all week is a guy who went to my seminar. Bought a bunch of books and he owns an AR-15! Good fun things are happening.

I’m doing my best setting up a schedule of what I need to do to make it right with the black gun folks. My BloodBrothers. I DO want to do what’s right.

The big current effort is my letter to the Second Amendment Foundation, with a copy to Wayne LaPierre. I’ll forward the letter to you tomorrow.

I’m working on my new absolutist piece for TX F&G now. Jim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:46 pm 
Longtime Regular

This may be a boon for Zumbo. I didn't even know who he was until this fiasco happened. However, I am still not going to buy one of his books.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:58 pm 
Longtime Regular

Uncle Ted must have REALLY got to him. Zumbo's now calling them his BLOODBROTHERS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:39 pm 
Longtime Regular

He's the only one that bled................... :lol:

But I must say that his new "altitude" is encouraging and could become a boon to us all..............LWAS!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:55 pm 

I always knew Ted Nugent was the voice of reason!

Post subject: As long as we're...
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:34 pm 
Longtime Regular

As long as we're discussing what various hunting bloggers have to say about Zumbro, I saw this over on terrierman. (He hunts groundhogs with terriers - he's not writing as a gun guy).

http://terriermandotcom.blogspot.com/2007/03/zumbo-was-mostly-right.html

Quote:
Zumbo was (Mostly) Right

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: add Terrierman to the list of boneheads...
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:42 am 

his comments like "fetish", "Walter Mitty Fatasy", "wanna-be tough guys", "little low in common sense and a little over-caffeinated to boot", "No doubt they also put grease paint under their eyes to cut the glare, and slip on genuine Vietnam-era camouflage before they pretend to be muscular Green Beret commandos on patrol in the Laotian Highlands. ", "Shooting wild game with an AR-15 is such tremendous over-kill that no one needs to say it", "Sure there are always going to be some redneck idiots who want to play Rambo", "make a joke to their face about the need to "overcompensate for their inadequacies" (And by that you mean shooting inadequacies. If they want to take it another way, that's their problem)" paint a pretty good picture of his perception! Gee, I guess all white men must wear sheets and do all their BBQing over burning crosses... If you can only see the few bad examples as representative of the entire population, that's a pretty myopic way to go thru life. What a moron!

gun control means hitting where you aim!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:29 pm 
Longtime Regular

Zumbo appears to have got the idea that we are all in this together. The problem is that there are many that still don't.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:18 am 
Raving Moderate

dcwn.45 wrote:
I always knew Ted Nugent was the voice of reason!

That, Sir, is a scary thought... :lol:

My real name is Jeremiah (go figure). ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:25 am 
Longtime Regular

Lets see.............Howard Dean or Ted Nugent.......logic, reason, the American way, apple pie.....and of course the 2A.......I wonder :P :D :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:08 pm 
Longtime Regular

hammAR wrote:
Lets see.............Howard Dean or Ted Nugent.......logic, reason, the American way, apple pie.....and of course the 2A.......I wonder :P :D :D :D

I'd volunteer for the Nuge campaign. 8) 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:21 am 
Raving Moderate

A Brit in MN wrote:
hammAR wrote:

I'd volunteer for the Nuge campaign. 8) 8)

So would I- my point was that the Nuge has always been a bit, er, on the edge. I was not disagreeing with him, however... :)

My real name is Jeremiah (go figure). ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:09 am 
Longtime Regular

HEH, I had the same thought. If Ted Nugent is the voice of reason on a topic the world is seriously in need of a wake up call on that topic :-)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.