Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 8:22 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Wal-Mart, Faribault, and Waseca sold out! 9mm ammo! 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:30 pm 

No 9mm or .45 ACP at the Wal-Mart off of I94 by Maple Grove. One or two boxes of .25, .38, and .44, and two big bricks of 40 S&W.

They did have a few boxes of .223 at reasonable prices (~ $0.40/round).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:26 pm 
Journeyman Member

Wal-Mart in Eden Prairie had a few boxes of 9mm and little else. Shocking!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:03 am 

Nickel pkg wrote:

But absolutely nothing today :(

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:16 am 

Jai9100 wrote:
Nickel pkg wrote:

But absolutely nothing today :(

Thanks for the update....I was going to head over there but you just saved me a 20mi trip. Wtf with all these shortages?? It is disconcerting to say the least. I need to start stocking up when I can. Anyone run into a good site online for .40 at a reasonable price? I've checked out a few sites, but want to hear of others' experiences before buying. TIA

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:37 am 
1911 tainted

zimme71 wrote:
Wtf with all these shortages??

Didn't you just answer your own question with this statement?

zimme71 wrote:
I need to start stocking up when I can.

Some just started stocking up before you did.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: .40
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:22 pm 

We were in Gander Mountain last night in Edne Prairie and they had the Yellow Box .40 for $132.00 a case. 10 boxes of 50 I guess? That was all though. No other pistol calibers. Don't know if that's considered a reasonable price or not.

Hobie

Post subject: Re: .40
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:22 am 

Hobie wrote:
We were in Gander Mountain last night in Edne Prairie and they had the Yellow Box .40 for $132.00 a case. 10 boxes of 50 I guess? That was all though. No other pistol calibers. Don't know if that's considered a reasonable price or not.

Hobie

Gander Mountains prices are never what I consider "reasonable". They are expensive. However, if it's all that is available.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:06 am 
Longtime Regular

FWIW, this week I've stopped at several Wally Worlds........between last Wed and tonight......

IL, TN, GA, KY and OH........(so far)

Very little, if any handgun ammo for 9 mm, .40 S&W & .45 acp. So it's not just MN that experiencing a 'shortage'.

Squeeze trigger, BANG, repeat. Kind of boring, but I never cared for drama.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:51 am 

Forced myself to go to WW in Woodbury and Hudson on Sunday. Hudson had some 38Spl +P but not much else. Clerk said he never knows what will show up until they unload the truck.

Woodbury, on the other hand, had NOTHING. They also had NO help. Nada.
Wasted five minutes wandering around looking for a warm body. On my way out the door, I mentioned to the greeter that since I couldn't get it there, I'd have to make my ammunition purchases elsewhere. He smiled, nodded and said, "Gracias!" :lol:

To expect bad men not to do wrong is madness, for he who expects this desires an impossiblity. But to allow men to behave so to others and expect them not to do thee any wrong is irrational and tyranical. Marcus Aurelius

I won't mind if you call me a racist. And I'm sure YOU won't mind if I call you a target of opportunity.

Post subject: Re: .40
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:22 am 

gman1868 wrote:
Hobie wrote:

Hobie

Gander Mountains prices are never what I consider "reasonable". They are expensive. However, if it's all that is available.....

Really? Gander Mtn in EP had the Winchester White box (100 rounds) for $50. I was floored....Didn't buy it either.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:54 am 
Longtime Regular

Gander mountain will Price match and take competitor coupon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:19 pm 

My brother-in-law has the handgun bug now and will more than likely be purchasing one soon. I steered him in the direction of the XD 45, due to the sale at Cabela's for $499, anyway the Wal-Mart in Fairbault(which is the only place I hate going more than the MOA) had 3 boxes of Blazer 180gr FMJ's in .40. I bought them all at $12.47/ea. They had a stack of 115gr Blazer 9mm FMJ's and even more .45, Blazer as well. The .40's I bought ran smooth through the P99. This was on Sunday the 15th, not sure if they are still there or not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:39 pm 
Longtime Regular

I bought out all the 40 and 32ACP from the Hastings WW. There was a bunch of 22LR 550 rd packs but everything else is gone.

Side Guard Holsters
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:44 am 
Journeyman Member

Maple Grove, Brooklyn Park, and West St. Paul were completely out of all handgun ammo, at various times, over the last few weeks. I happened to see 6 boxes of WWB 9mm at Brooklyn Park last Sunday, and bought four. I almost don't want to shoot any, because I don't know when I'll get more.

I used to use the cheap Blazer stuff that Fleet Farm sells, once in awhile, but they've been out of all handgun ammo so long, it's ridiculous.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:39 am 

The WallyWorld near me in Blaine (Lexington and 35W) has been very hit-and-miss about what ammo they have in stock. Some days, they're full up and some days, the shelves are bare.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.