Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Tue Jun 25, 2024 1:17 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Wal-Mart, Faribault, and Waseca sold out! 9mm ammo! 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:00 am 
Journeyman Member

The half a dozen or so WalMarts within a twelve mile radius of Woodbury have essentially been out of 9mm and .45ACP since New Year. I call them regularly and stop in the Woodbury WalMart every couple of days.

Apparently, a box or two does trickle in occasionally, but if you are not literally standing there when it comes off the truck somebody else is gonna snap it up.
At $19.50 for 9mm and $30 for .45ACP 100 round WWB value packs WalMart has the best prices around.

Gander Mt in Woodbury has a good selection of ammo but at inflated prices.
Sportmans Whse in Wodbury has also been very low on 9mm and .45 at prices between what Gander and WalMart charge.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:52 pm 
Longtime Regular

Looks like my prediction was off by a bit. I said, when I started handloading about four years ago, that I should break even and absorb the up-front expenses by about 2034.

That was when my local Wally World (in Coon Rapids) seemed to be carrying 9mm as a loss leader - something around $6 a box.

At this rate, next year is closer to my break-even date.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:09 pm 
Journeyman Member

I've been keeping an eye around here and most walmarts have been sold out of all common ammo since xmas. For the last 1-2 months I could not find 9mm at any walmart. The sporting goods stores all have it in stock, but its at 150% the cost of walmart.

Then out of the blue the walmart near us has 7 100rnd boxes of WWB 9, and 2 of WWB .40, so my buddy bought them out, emptying the glass case.

The guy there said you should call in the mornings to see if the truck brought any new ammo in, and that it gets sold out almost instantly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:20 am 

Much as I loathe the place, I'll stumble into the wallyworld in Hudson this afternoon and see what, if anything, is available.

Tho, all things considered, I'd much prefer to go to Sportsman's which is twice as far and pay half again as much.

To expect bad men not to do wrong is madness, for he who expects this desires an impossiblity. But to allow men to behave so to others and expect them not to do thee any wrong is irrational and tyranical. Marcus Aurelius

I won't mind if you call me a racist. And I'm sure YOU won't mind if I call you a target of opportunity.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:21 am 
Longtime Regular

I stopped at EP Wallyworld last night and bought the lone 100 box of .45 there. The only other pistol ammo they had was .25 and 44 Mag. It looks like something is coming in, but it's getting cleaned out pretty quick.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:06 pm 
Longtime Regular

With our discount, I only paid like, $76.56 with tax for 4- 100 rnd boxes, Winchester 115gr FMJ 9mm.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:11 pm 
Longtime Regular

So the question is -- why the shortages?"

I have asked John at Gunstop, the one guy I know in all the world who slould know why components are so few and so expensive, and he says he has no idea.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:35 pm 
Journeyman Member

If I recall, many of the big companies are fulfilling military contracts now or something, leaving us with the shortages.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:26 pm 

I was in EP wallyword on the 7th and they were out of 9mm, I wanted .45ACP and got 2 100rd boxes out of the 5 boxes they had on the shelf. I have quite a bit of 9mm at home, but I really need to stock some more 45 so I left happy. :)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:01 pm 
Longtime Regular

Jai9100 wrote:
I was in EP wallyword on the 7th and they were out of 9mm, I wanted .45ACP and got 2 100rd boxes out of the 5 boxes they had on the shelf. I have quite a bit of 9mm at home, but I really need to stock some more 45 so I left happy. :)

How come ya didn't buy 'em out? :P :wink:

I know..........financial responsibility. :D I do the same..........all the while wishing I had more cash to buy what's on the shelf.........er.........(at Wally World), what's in the display cabinet. :roll:

Squeeze trigger, BANG, repeat. Kind of boring, but I never cared for drama.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:08 pm 
Longtime Regular

"Shelf" in Faribo.................. :roll:

No lock, just out in the open, not even behind a checkout desk or nothing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:22 pm 
Journeyman Member

the shakopee store in 169 doesn't have a glass case either, just get what you need from the (empty) shelves.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:18 pm 
Longtime Regular

It's just like our "oil shortage". :roll:

When demand and prices go up, ammo supplies will increase

Dave Matheny wrote:
So the question is -- why the shortages?"

I have asked John at Gunstop, the one guy I know in all the world who slould know why components are so few and so expensive, and he says he has no idea.

Last edited by JimC on Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:21 am 

Hunter07 wrote:
Jai9100 wrote:

How come ya didn't buy 'em out? :P :wink:

I know..........financial responsibility. :D I do the same..........all the while wishing I had more cash to buy what's on the shelf.........er.........(at Wally World), what's in the display cabinet. :roll:

Your actually right. I should have bought at least another box, but felt like having some money left to pay my cell bill :(

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:47 pm 
Journeyman Member

I just got the last 3 100 rd boxs of .45 at the old Apache Plaza Walmart, others need not apply right now :) .

John

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.