Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Mon Jun 03, 2024 8:14 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next
 Defensive Handgun League - Bill's North 
 Post subject: Re: Score Correction
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 8:56 am 

The record has been corrected. Tom is not the only one with poor handwriting, please print carefully so I can spell your name correctly and get the score you earnedrecorded correctly.

W0THK wrote:
Bob -

My crappy handwriting strikes again! My score was last Wednesday was 354, not 394. Please correct the records.

Thanks!

Tom Kuehn

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor -PPITH, PPOTH & RTBAV
BCA Certified Training Organization under PPA
Minnesota Permit to Carry Instructor
Utah Certified CFP Instructor
NRA CRSO, IDPA CSO

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Course of Fire January 11 - Bill's North 6 to 8pm
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 9:33 am 

COURSE OF FIRE
Wednesday 01/11 6:00pm to 8:00pm

1 – Target at 7 yards, 25 seconds total in low light, tactical lights allowed

Draw and Fire 6 shots at Center of Mass (COM), mandatory reload and fire 6 additional shots at Head – 12 rounds total

2 - Target at 10 yards, 25 seconds total in low light, tactical lights allowed

Draw and Fire 6 shots freestyle at COM, mandatory reload and fire 6 shots strong hand only at COM - 12 rounds total

3 – Target at 30, 15 and 5 yards, 50 seconds total

Draw and Fire 6 shots, reload and fire again AS target moves to next position (TARGETS WILL CHARGE YOU), repeat, last string is strong hand only, 18 rounds total

Change Target NOW

4 – Target at 7, 15 and 20 yards, 55 seconds total

Draw and Fire 6 shots, reload and fire again AS target moves to next position, (Target Will RETREAT) repeat 18 rounds total

5 – Move the barricade into position, Target at 12 yards, 30 seconds total

Draw and Fire 6 shots from your strong side, reload and fire 6 rounds from the opposite side of the barricade, 12 rounds total

6 – From the barricade, Target at 5 yards, 30 seconds total

Draw and fire 6 shot COM, reload and fire 6 shots at the head, reload and fire 6 shots at COM strong hand only, 18 shots total

Course Summary

You may only load to class maximum. You may draw and fire only when target faces you. All reloads are from an empty gun.

It’s 5 points per shot. 5 shots loaded X 76 shots = 380 points, 6 shots loaded X 90 shots = 450 points, or 8 shots loaded X 118 = 590 points

NRA CRSO, IDPA CSO

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Some Comments on the League and COF
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 9:58 am 

We had over 25 shooters out at the last match and still finished before 8:00pm. I believe almost everyone is getting all their shots in and over a 1/3 are scoring 90%+.

We want to start ramping things up so we have a variety of challenges, while still allowing our newer shooters to be comfortable. I did offer our more advanced shooters a chance to load 8 rounds per string, to make things more interesting. I had no takers! It's still an option.

Last match we introduced low light shooting. Look for at least two low light stages in every future match. While most defensive pistol uses will be in low light, most of us get little chance to practice in low light and use our tactical lights. Please bring your light and a spare if you have one.

This match the targets will charge you and retreat from you. Assume they have a handgun pointed at you as they retreat, you are therefore justified in shooting them as they retreat!

I've added another string and some close in shooting that requires head shots and strong hand only shooting. Also, don't forget that targets that turn away from you are not threats and you incur penalties for firing on them.

Come out and enjoy!

NRA CRSO, IDPA CSO

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 1:48 pm 
Longtime Regular

I like the course and will see you on Wed! :)

Side Guard Holsters
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 2:05 pm 

Um... maybe I'm the only one who isn't seeing this, but... is there someplace that the league scores are being posted?

I haven't seen anything yet for Jan-11 results.

We should probably have a more structured way of posting results than just tacking them on the end of this already too long thread.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 2:32 pm 
Longtime Regular

see the link under
"Sticky: Defensive Handgun League Info - Bill's North" under Leagues and Shooting clubs.

Mostly-

I don't believe they are posted yet though

Post subject: Posting Delay
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 6:55 pm 

bab wrote:
Um... maybe I'm the only one who isn't seeing this, but... is there someplace that the league scores are being posted?

I haven't seen anything yet for Jan-11 results.

We should probably have a more structured way of posting results than just tacking them on the end of this already too long thread.

I have a day job, they will be up this weekend. It seemed that everyone had fun, look for some more changes next match based on a suggestion I'll discuss in another post.

NRA CRSO, IDPA CSO

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Scores are posted from January 11. 2006 Match
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 7:11 pm 

see the link under
"Sticky: Defensive Handgun League Info - Bill's North" under Leagues and Shooting clubs.

which will point you to two websites. The scores will generally be posted first on twincitiesidpa.com, but billsgs.com has been prompt about updating scores.

I do the actual scoring and then pass them onto Greg and Bills who then posts on their sites. This week I had training classes and family things to do that prevented me from scoring until Saturday. Greg got them on twincitiesidpa.com today and bilgs.com will have them posted Monday or Tuesday based on past experience.

Sometimes they'll be on the twincitiesidpa.com as quick as Friday, if you don't see them by Sunday, it will mean we have had an issue. We'll post if that happpens.

NRA CRSO, IDPA CSO

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Some Comments on the League
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 7:42 pm 

We started out with 12 shooters who reported scores at the first match. We then grew to 15, 23 and this match to 28. I say reported as we always have afew, sometimes several folks, who shoot anddon't want their scores recored, I'm fine with that system.

I think, based on what I see and hear, that folks are really enjoying the stages and seeing and talking the other shooters interested in Defensive Pistol Shooting. I know I've met lots odf folks, learned somethings and been able to share some thoughts and training.

I never explained why I wanted specific gun details listed and I should. I could not tell you jack about the Witness but Hiemstra could cause he shoots one. Same with his Jaeger and his CZ 75B, I need to talk to him as a friend is interested in a CZ 40.

I also could have (should have) explained the (2) on the score sheet. I shows its their second time through the COF. It does make a difference beause Jomar was able to move from 14th to 1st place once he figured out the timing and layout of the COF. He clearly won the match, but I think its good to know which was the second time around for someone, evven when they use a different gun.

We also had some shooters try the 8 rounds per string. A little more triggertime for our faster shooters but as speed goes up, scores go down.
The IDPA saying is "you can't miss fast enough to win" and its true!

New COF for the 25th will be posted midweek. I'll also discuss the suggestion I received and will implement next match to make the strings more real world.

NRA CRSO, IDPA CSO

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Some Comments on the League
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 7:53 pm 
Longtime Regular

IDPA Shooter wrote:
We also had some shooters try the 8 rounds per string. A little more triggertime for our faster shooters but as speed goes up, scores go down.
The IDPA saying is "you can't miss fast enough to win" and its true!

Oh so true, at least in my case. I think I'll stay with six next time.

Post subject: Changes to the Course of Fire
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:15 pm 

One of our regular shooters had a suggestion last match and the results are in the COF below. His comment was why so much reloading, as civilians we are unlikely to do that in a gunfight. He's right so now I have us drawing, firing, reloading and reholstering to give a better real world feel to the practice.

I also believe close in practice is good, so we have some shots as close as 3 yards. We also have the low light, the head shots, strong hand, WEAK hand, and the targets turning and charging you. Be ready!!

Also you may now load 5, 6, 7 or 8 rounds in your guns. There are 15 strings of fire so you do the math.

I'm having fun and am open to trying different things, that are safe for our newer members. I will avoid any knelling or prone, too much brass around and a 45 ACP hurts when you just kneel on it.

NRA CRSO, IDPA CSO

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Course of Fire Wed 1/25/06 6 to 8pm
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:16 pm 

COURSE OF FIRE
Wednesday 01/25 6:00pm to 8:00pm

1 – Target at 3 yards, 20 seconds total in low light, tactical lights allowed

Draw and Fire 6 shots at Center of Mass (COM), mandatory reload and fire 6 additional shots at Head – 12 rounds total

2 - Target at 10 yards, 25 seconds total in low light, tactical lights allowed

Draw and Fire 6 shots freestyle at COM, mandatory reload and fire 6 shots strong hand only at COM - 12 rounds total

3 – Target at 15, 7 and 5 yards, 12 seconds total per position

Draw and Fire 6 shots, Target will move and pause 15 seconds, reload and reholster, draw and fire strong hand only when target turns, reload during 15 second pause, 15 seconds allowed this string is weak hand only,
18 rounds total
Change Target NOW
4 – Target at 25, 15 and 7 yards, 50 seconds total

Draw and Fire 6 shots, reload and fire again AS target moves to next position, (Target Will Charge you) repeat 18 rounds total

5 – Move the barricade into position, Target at 12 yards, 30 seconds total

Draw and Fire 6 shots from your strong side, reload and fire 6 rounds from the opposite side of the barricade, 12 rounds total

6 – From the barricade, Target at 7 yards, 30 seconds total

Draw and fire 6 shot COM, reload and reholster and fire 6 shots at the head when target turns, reload and fire 6 shots at COM strong hand only, 18 shots total

Course Summary

You may only load to class maximum. You may draw and fire only when target faces you. All reloads are from an empty gun.

It’s 5 points per shot. 5 shots loaded X 75 shots = 375 points, 6 shots loaded X 90 shots = 450 points, etc.

NRA CRSO, IDPA CSO

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:21 pm 

Hello Bob,
Now when you say tactical lights allowed, this means gun mounted lights as well correct?

IDPA member A08208

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:35 pm 
Longtime Regular

Zerwas wrote:
Hello Bob,
Now when you say tactical lights allowed, this means gun mounted lights as well correct?

No, I would be unable to use my M3 light for my Glock 17. Integral, or grip mounted lasers are allowed as well as hand held lights.

Post subject: Greg (Gray Skys) reformtted the COF - Much Clearer - Thanks
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 7:21 am 

COURSE OF FIRE
Wednesday 01/25 6:00pm to 8:00pm

1 – Target at 3 yards, in low light, tactical lights allowed (20 seconds total with 1 reload)

a. As the target is exposed, Draw and Fire at Center of Mass
b. Reload
c. Continue and fire, at the Head

2 - Target at 10 yards, in low light, tactical lights allowed (25 seconds total with 1 reload)

a. As the target is exposed, Draw and Fire at Center of Mass
b. Reload
c. Resume firing, strong hand only at Center of Mass

3 - Target at 15, 7 and 5 yards (70 seconds total with 2 reloads)

a. As the target is exposed Draw and Fire (12 seconds).
b. Reload and Holster as the target moves to the next position (15 seconds)
c. As the target is exposed Draw and Fire, Strong Hand Only (12 seconds).
d. Reload as the target moves to the next position (15 seconds)
e. As the target is exposed Draw and Fire, Weak Hand Only (15 seconds).

Change Targets Now

4 – Target at 25, 15 and 7 yards (50 seconds total with 2 reloads)

a. 25 yards, as target is exposed Draw and Fire, (Target Will Charge you)
b. Reload and Fire Again
c. Reload and Fire Again
Note: you may fire and reload anytime the target is exposed.

Move The Barricade Into Position

5 –Target at 12 yards, from the barricade (30 seconds total with 1 reload)

a. As target is exposed Draw and Fire from your strong side
b. Reload
c. Resume Firing from the opposite side of the barricade

6 – Target at 7 yards, from the barricade, (30 seconds total with 2 reloads)

a. As target is exposed, Draw and Fire at Center of Mass
b. Reload and Holster
c. Draw and Fire at the head
b. Reload
d. Resume firing, strong hand only at Center of Mass

Course Summary

You may only load to class maximum. You may Draw and Fire only when target faces you. All reloads are from an empty gun.
It’s 5 points per shot. With a total of 15 “Loads”

NRA CRSO, IDPA CSO

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.