Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sun Jun 23, 2024 12:52 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 
 What next....naked banking? 
 Post subject: What next....naked banking?
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 8:52 pm 
Delicate Flower

City & County Credit Union Woodbury. The Maplewood branch has a legal posting. This branch must have some creative individual in charge of signage.

Naked would comply and probably give the employees a great sense of safety ( that is after they quit laughing)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: What next....naked banking?
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 9:24 pm 
The Man

ttousi wrote:
City & County Credit Union Woodbury. The Maplewood branch has a legal posting. This branch must have some creative individual in charge of signage.

Naked would comply and probably give the employees a great sense of safety ( that is after they quit laughing)

My temptation would have been to leave a Post-it note saying, "well, actually, guns are not banned on these premises," and my business card taped to the door.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: What next....naked banking?
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 10:44 pm 
on probation

joelr wrote:
ttousi wrote:

My temptation would have been to leave a Post-it note saying, "well, actually, guns are not banned on these premises," and my business card taped to the door.
They should also have on that sign,"Holdup are Banned on these premises too. :?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 3:13 pm 
Longtime Regular

Lets see are they going to have a greeter at the door so they make people take off all of their hat, gloves, sunglasses and guns! How about a pat down when you walk through the doors... Sounds like you need to take your money some where else after you drop off a No Guns No Money sign! :D

Side Guard Holsters
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 3:34 pm 
Longtime Regular

Wait a minute. Let me think over this naked banking idea for a while. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 3:58 pm 
on probation

gunflint wrote:
Wait a minute. Let me think over this naked banking idea for a while. :wink:
ok think about it and I will call my X-wife up and tell her that you want to talk to her. :roll:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 12:01 am 
On time out

well if the tellers at my local branch have to be nekkid too, I would comply :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 4:44 am 
Longtime Regular

That's what I'm talking about. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 10:46 am 
Longtime Regular

[I accidentally made a new topic, "Nudity=Security", when I meant to reply to this one, as follows:]

It occurred to me a while ago that this would be the only real answer to airline security. You hand over your boarding pass and are given a general anesthetic, stripped, run through the x-ray machine on the conveyor belt, and loaded on the plane. This would also have a big payoff for the airlines in terms of efficiency because the passengers could be stacked like cordwood and no flight attendants would be required. If you pay the extra fare for a first class ticket, you get to be on the top of the pile, and they put your clothes back on you before they wake you up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 10:53 am 

There are people in banks that I do NOT want to see naked. However, I'm sure that there are some tellers that would encourage me to so more bank stuff in person....

I don't think we'll ever see the unconscious naked flying. We can't trust many of these people to not steal our firearms while flying. And you want to trust them with our naked, unconscious bodies? Between, cameras and other "unpleasentness".... Sounds great for prisoner transport.

Here's a thought on removing sunglasses. What if you are wearing prescription sunglasses. I don't always change to my normal glasses when I'm just going into a store. I doubt that they would rather have a mostly blind guy stumbling around the place....

But I highly doubt that my bank will ever post. A few years ago, after being robbed by a couple of guys with AK's, they helped the local Sheriff's dept. upgrade their weaponry (they had been outgunned vs the AK's). And I like the level of service from this little country bank.

Steelheart

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 11:10 am 
Longtime Regular

Steelheart wrote:
I don't think we'll ever see the unconscious naked flying. .... Sounds great for prisoner transport.

There you've hit it on the head: sometimes it seems as citizens we're being treated more and more like prisoners.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 7:33 pm 
Longtime Regular

Pat Cannon wrote:
[I accidentally made a new topic, "Nudity=Security", when I meant to reply to this one, as follows:]

It occurred to me a while ago that this would be the only real answer to airline security. You hand over your boarding pass and are given a general anesthetic, stripped, run through the x-ray machine on the conveyor belt, and loaded on the plane. This would also have a big payoff for the airlines in terms of efficiency because the passengers could be stacked like cordwood and no flight attendants would be required. If you pay the extra fare for a first class ticket, you get to be on the top of the pile, and they put your clothes back on you before they wake you up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 8:09 am 
Forum Moderator

Pat Cannon wrote:
This would also have a big payoff for the airlines in terms of efficiency because the passengers could be stacked like cordwood and no flight attendants would be required.

They already do this without the benefits of anesthesia, at least in coach. It's a sad flight when I'm stuck in a non-exit-row seat.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.