Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 12:01 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 I Wonder??? 
 Post subject: I Wonder???
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:21 pm 
Longtime Regular

With the Anti's in charge of almost everything, Think they might be targeting businesses to "protect" themselves and to put up signs banning guns? Think they are being targeted by anti's?
One way to say " people" want the law changed, and a businesses have a loud voice when it comes to laws..

Just seems to be a lot of places putting up signs lately, I wonder why they are posting now after the law has been in effect for so long?
Makes me wonder

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:30 pm 
Longtime Regular

Sounds a little conspiratorial for my taste, but I suppose it is possible. I wonder how much thought goes into a business' decision to post or not post. I suppose a chain might have a company policy, but I wonder about independent businesses.

I think most businesses decide to post if the owner is decidedly anti-gun. I think otherwise, they just don't bother. I'm not sure that pressure, or even much deep reflection, figures into the decision.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:10 am 
Longtime Regular

I have not found more businesses posted lately. Can you give any examples?

Side Guard Holsters
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:58 am 
Longtime Regular

Yeah, I'm with Srigs on this one. If anything, I'm noticing less signs now than a couple years ago.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:44 pm 
Longtime Regular

I haven't noticed any new signs. In fact, the Mayo Clinic recently took their signs down. Since none of the bloody scenerios predicted by the antis came to fruition, I think most businesses see carrying as a non issue.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:40 pm 
Longtime Regular

sigman wrote:
I think most businesses see carrying as a non issue.

Business owners seeing carry as a non-issue. Is that the best that we can hope for?

What groups of people do we need to recruit more of?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:00 pm 
Longtime Regular

someone1980 wrote:
sigman wrote:
I think most businesses see carrying as a non issue.

Business owners seeing carry as a non-issue. Is that the best that we can hope for?

What groups of people do we need to recruit more of?

I meant that they don't see us as a safety threat. At least, it is a start. The antis have lost their credibility with lots of people and we have proved to be a responsible faction of our society.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:26 pm 

As I posted on another thread, I have seen signs disapear. The fear of the "Wild Wild West" environment which was supposed to develop when the carry legislation passed has not occured. Law abiding citizens that legally carry a handgun are not a threat to society. Much to the disappointment of the Chicken Littles of the anti-gun crowd.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.