Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Jul 04, 2024 9:50 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Buffalo Wild Wings - Apple Valley 
 Post subject: Buffalo Wild Wings - Apple Valley
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:08 am 
Journeyman Member

Went to BWW in Apple Valley the other day. They have a sign on the entrance, off to the right.

I apologize for the poor quality, but you can see the sign at least. Taken with my cell phone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:16 am 
Forum Moderator/<br>AV Geek

BWW's Typical sign, and in the usual wrong place.

I had a thread about some other BWW locations...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:16 am 
Longtime Regular

I'm beginning to wonder if these places are merely placing the non-compliant signs because of insurance reasons. Is this possibly another way the insurance companies are violating our rights?? (in re: seatbelt "laws"). Personally, I like wearing a seatbelt, but really, does there really need to be a law to wear them?? What about those states that require seatbelts and their use, but not helmets for motorcyclists?? Doesn't that seem hypocritical??

"...quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." [...a sword never kills anybody; it's a tool in the killer's hand.] -- (Lucius Annaeus) Seneca "the Younger" (ca. 4 BC-65 AD),

The Nanny State MUST DIE!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:14 pm 
Longtime Regular

Minnesota is one of those states who doesn't require adult motorcycle operators (those on learners permits excepted) to wear a helmet.
The state used to require helmets, but recinded the law some time ago.
As a compromise to removing the helmet law, there is a limit on the dollar amount a motorcycle rider without a helmet can recover in a liability lawsuit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:19 pm 
Longtime Regular

Perhaps they should do the same with seatbelts or the non-use of them?? I DO use mine all the time, but that's my choice. I don't feel that it should be regulated. However, limiting lawsuit receipts might be a viable answer. The other thing MN SHOULD do is no longer be a "no-fault" state. There's ALWAYS someone at fault!! (Kind of like an "accidental discharge" vs a "negligent discharge")

"...quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." [...a sword never kills anybody; it's a tool in the killer's hand.] -- (Lucius Annaeus) Seneca "the Younger" (ca. 4 BC-65 AD),

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:40 pm 
Longtime Regular

Honestly, this "no fault" (I hate that term for it) has some good roots. Here's an article about it. I have never heard of uninsured/underinsured refered to as "no fault" before... I don't think. But I'm a little groggy.

http://www.insurancejournal.com/magazin ... /57763.htm

Basically, it was meant to prevent people getting backed up medical bills because of a car accident. Picture this situation. You get in a car accident and rack up $30,000 in hospital bills. Not too hard to do. The other persons insurance company says you are at fault, while your insurance company says the other person is at fault. They both refuse to pay your medical bills. They have to settle this, so a bunch of lawyers paid by the insurance company sit in the legal system arguing back and forth for a couple years. Meanwhile, these medical bills are not in the name of the insurance company. They're in your name! Your credit is plummeting and you're getting calls from collectors to get those bills paid. Who pays them? And the insurance company is not responsible for cleaning up your credit when they created this mess by bickering forever over who's going to pay the bill. You are.

Unfortunately, there are problems. Well, the article goes into detail.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 3:48 pm 
Longtime Regular

Good point, AGoodDay. Never thought about the hospital bill aspect. I can see where that could be a problem. All in all, I still feel it makes drivers somewhat less responsible for their actions. I realize that most of us are, but then, you have those trying to talk on cell phone while trying to manuever in heavy traffic, etc etc etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 4:56 pm 

Impressive derailing :lol:

I'll make an effort next time we are in the area to stop in and, make sure they know they won't get my business, until the sign comes down. Not like I go there much anymore anyways.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.